Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no external speakers and no volume controls

My external speaker doesn't work for notifications or ipod audio. It only vibrates no matter what type of notification sound is selected. Incoming calls come through the speaker ok. I cannot control the volume with the side volume buttons unless I am in the Settings>Sounds screen and if I move the volume on the touch screen first. Of course the mute button on the side upper left above the voume controls is not on. Also, the setting under Settings>Sounds>"Change with Buttons" is "ON". I have reset the iPhone and the nothing has changed. I know the volume buttons work because when I plug the earphones in, it will control the volume up or down. I feel it is a software issue or setting. Any ideas? I have not found a fix in any forum yet, but I am still looking. I am familiar with the iPhone as I have had a few different models. I have another iPhone 4 that works fine. Please help.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 9:47 PM

1 reply

I have no external speakers and no volume controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.