8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 11:15 AM by macbook2222
macbook2222 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with iPhoto (iPhoto '09 8.1.2) not saving edits that I make to photos.  The edits are visible from the editing panel and in the file thumbnail, but not in the file itself - e.g. when I view the file again, I can only see the edits if I go back into edit mode, not just when I'm looking at the file. 

I know this question has been asked before but none of the existing threads have helped me.

I've tried editing in full screen mode as well as in the main window, and I've tried clicking "Done" as well as the left/right arrows (I don't click escape).

I've deleted my plist and albumdata.xml files.

I've rebuilt the library using the option and command key.

I've created a new library and imported the photos, but the problem persisted.

One thing I've noticed is that the version of the photo that is saved to the Modified photos folder is not updated.  For example, a photo that I edited today and saved shows that it was last modified in August 2011.  I'm not sure why iPhoto is not saving the new edits - or where these edits are being saved (they must be saved somewhere if iPhoto magically finds them when I go into edit mode, but it's not in the Modified photos folder).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I am driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.  Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)