Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad3 has a blue screen and will not do anything

I got up this morning and my iPad screen is blue and it will not do anything. I've tryed to turn it off - NOTHING! is it dead?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 1:51 AM

11 replies

May 5, 2013 7:32 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you! Your answer solved my problem when late last night I had the first Blue Screen event ever! I thought I was doomed and myiPad3 is only just 1year old. It was still blue and hopelessly ( I thought) frozen this morning, but your reboot solution worked.

Now, the more important question, what causes this to happen---or how can I avoid or prevent this from happening? The last thing I was doing before I turned it off was playing Sudoku while listening to an audio book from the local library through Overdrive. I've had dozens of these books on my MacBook, iPad1 and iPod 5 as well as the iPad 3 so I don't think the download is a problem...........

Any suggestion for avoiding blue screens would be greatly appreciated.

Leslie

Aug 31, 2015 2:31 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for getting back to me. Nothing has worked yet - well cept. I read online that someone said to smack the back of the ipad - well I figured what the heck do I have to lose? So, yes, I did. I now have a black screen. when it starts I get the apple then it quickly goes to the screen with the power cord and the little red circle above it saying iTunes. So I hooked it up but nothing. iTunes says it is working to download stuff and load stuff then says it cannot locate my ipad. I am so ready to use this for a serving tray. I love my ipad, I take it everywhere. I work for the airlines and so this thing has been all over the place. I really am going to be that crazy person talking to their cat if I cant get this fixed. Thanks again

Aug 31, 2015 4:24 PM in response to Chubno

Came home to find my iPad 4 dead. It worked just before I left for the day so I thought the battery was the issue, but can't get the apple or red battery on the screen so I guess that means its not coming on. I have tried all the charging cords and charging stations in the house but none work (though they charge the other iphones and ipads in the house. I also tried the home/start button hard boot doesn't work either.. :-( dying here.. HELP

My iPad3 has a blue screen and will not do anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.