Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.5 Mail - Mailbox archiving problem...

Hello,

First of all I have to say that I have no problem per se with the archiving process, I've read every troubleshooting page on there and I follow the steps each time. No, the problem I have is a tad more unsettling.

When I archive a mailbox, it seems to go allright, but when I try to import it back to Mail, the once full mailbox appears empty, and when I look in the Finder, the "mbox" file weights exactly 0kb, so there's no way there is any message in there.

The funny thing is I have another account on the same computer and this problem doesn't occur when I try to archive a mailbox, so this makes it more of a total mystery to me. I've tried countless times but each time the archived file is empty.

Anyone has the same problem ? Is it a common bugfix ? Did I fiddle with something in the preferences I wasn't supposed to or am I looking at the problem from the wrong angle ?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mail

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 4:43 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2012 5:37 PM in response to BDAqua

The process goes as follow :

I create a smart mailbox with the help of a search term (a name for example). Then, I click on that newly created mailbox, and click on the cogwheel icon button in the bottom left hand corner, and then on "Archive mailbox" (menus are in french so I'm translating as I think it may be in english). Then Mail prompts me to choose a folder where to save that mailbox, and that's about it. I can see the mailbox in the finder, but the files inside are hopelessly empty (including when opened with TextEdit) and when I try to import them back into Mail, I don't get an error message, but just an empty mailbox (with the right name on it, but still empty).

Thanks in advance 😉

Alex.

OSX 10.5 Mail - Mailbox archiving problem...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.