Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture does not recognize camera card.

Aperture does not see camera card iin card reader connected to a USB port, although I can see the card both in iPhoto and with Finder. When I plug it in it shows very briefly in Aperture and then dissapears. This is something new as I have used the software, card and card reader for a couple years and had no porblems. Aperture sees all the other components of the system, including external drives, but only briefly (1 second) the card reader.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 6:14 AM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2012 9:09 AM in response to jclove

What kind of camera do you have? When I reformat my memory cards in my Nikon cameras, the numbering system is not effected. I think a setting in the camera controls whether it will or not, and I have mine set to continue until necessary to roll over after 9999.

If you have never reformatted a card, but only erased, that might be the source of the problem, but can't be sure. If you can see the photos in the Finder, simply drag them to a new folder, and then import in Aperture from that folder.

Ernie

Apr 14, 2012 9:38 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

I have a Nikon and have reset the program so I can continue to have my numbering system and have reformatted the card, but since it appears on all cards I have tried (the failure to see the card by Aperture) don't think that is the problem, but will be out shooting some things tomorrow and will see when I get back. I have been, in the meantime, just dowlading to a file that Aperture sees and importing from there, but this is a pain.

Thanks for your time.

John

Apr 14, 2012 11:13 AM in response to jclove

Hello John,

If after reformatting the card you still have problems to see your camera in in Aperture you may have a problem with the "Preferences" file.

Remove the file "com.apple.Aperture.plist" from the "Preferences" folder in your User Library, as described in Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3805; don't delete the file, just remove it to the Desktop, so you can put it back, if it does not help, for after removing the Preference file all settings will be reset to their default setting.

Léonie

P.S. How do you delete the images from the card, if you do not format the card to erase them? It is not save to let any imaging software on your computer do that, that may corrupt the file system on the card. Your camera knows best how to delete the images.

Aperture does not recognize camera card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.