Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Safari folder under ~/Library

Hello,

I have a problem in that the Safari folder is not found in the Library folder. I use OS X Lion and the Library folder is permanently displayed (by using Terminal) under Computer, but the Safari folder is strangely enough not there. I have tried to find it while showing hidden files (also by using Terminal commands) but to no avail. Both Lion and Safari are updated to their latest versions.

I need to find and use the bookmarks.plist file, which cannot be found since its parent Safari folder is not displayed. (I need it to alter it in order to remove the bookmarks and bookmark bar folders on the iPhone, by iTunes sync.)

Any solutions to this? Is there a Terminal command that can be used?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 6:33 AM

In the Finder, select Go ▹ Go to Folder... from the menu bar, copy the text on the line below into the box that opens, and press return:

~/Library/Safari

2 replies

Apr 14, 2012 6:43 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks, this worked!

(Observation: When I scroll back to the hierarchy, the Library folder is now in grayscale, indicating that it's still hidden, even though I otherwise normally find it in the Finder at any other time, however with the Safari folder still hidden. It seems that the normal way of using the Terminal command for making the Library folder appear in Lion doesn't make all of its contents being displayed.)

Can't find Safari folder under ~/Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.