Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPad 3 vibrate?

Does the iPad 3 have an ability to vibrate? This can be useful for FaceTime calls, new emails and imessages. Also it can be used to vibrate in Real Racing 2 HD. I haven't got it yet but the version for the iPhone does vibrate.

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 9:37 AM

No.

6 replies

Apr 14, 2012 9:55 AM in response to Robslyer

I wish it did and to e honest I am shocked the iPad doesn't have haptic feedback. It would enhance the experience for the screen keyboard for example and games. It's such a basic feature and ou can make it an optional thing to turn on or off.

I had read that one of the prototypes for the new iPad actually had haptic feedback. So, apple is obviously still thinking about it. My hope is the next one has it.

Feb 2, 2013 5:34 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm so disappointed. I just got my iPad mini and I'm deaf. I need vibrate alerts for texts and email bc some apps don't let the regular notification alerts disturb you.

I can't send it back bc I already traded in my iPad 2.

Any alternate suggestions, please, for a way to make it vibrate for texts and email?

I don't really need the mini if it isn't a fully-functioning device for the hearing disabled.

May 20, 2013 8:46 AM in response to huntfor

What's missing is a hardware component known as the vibration mechanism. It's a little part that looks like a motor, because it is. When vibrate is required, the motor spins and there is a little weight that causes what feels like a vibration. Unfortunately, the iPad mini does not have this component so there would never be a way to make it vibrate in any alternative way (without somehow modifying the innards- not recommended!). This was a surprise to me as I didn't do my research prior to buying one but we can hope for a change in future minis if people leave enough feedback for Apple at apple.com/feedback

Does the iPad 3 vibrate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.