Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do i have to log into iTunes match repeatedly?

I have about four devices synced with iTunes match. Almost every time I log into my computer I have to sign out, sign in, enable iTunes match again. Over and over and over and over again...

I love iTunes match but I dont understand why I have to enable it so much if it's already been enabled multiple times. The only device I dont have to sign in a lot on is my iPhone, but I use that almost every day with match, but any computer I might use 2 or 3 times a week. It seems to have to do with the duration of time since I last used match. Either way it is quite annoying...

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 11:18 AM

5 replies

Apr 8, 2013 10:47 AM in response to himike

I'm on Windows 7 and using Itunes 10 (not planning on upgrading to 11 due to others complaints of more issues with 11)

I've had imatch for about 4-5 days and what I noticed is the 'greyed out/kicked out of imatch' issue only started when i tried to sync my ipod through itunes. Since I did that, i seem to be getting the whole library greyed out, and the fix is to log out and log in again, start match again, and it goes through it's whole process just like when you first start with imatch. It's time consuming. But I wonder if the sync is what created the problem. It didnt seem to happen before I did that and I read in other forums that syncing and imatch don't work too well together.

The other thing is I think it could be that once you've played songs from the cloud on your other cloud device, in my case iphone, then go back to the computer, this could also cause the kicked out effect. I don't see why this should be how it acts, if all devices are using the same cloud, they should all run together seamlessly... but it doesn't seem to be the case.

The good thing is it always goes back to find the whole library even though I deleted some files from my HD (in process of upgrading all to 256 bitrate) so I am scrambling to get back the last few hundred files on my system.... because I just do not trust this whole cloud thing.

Everybody needs to back up EVERYTHING.. ALL the time.

Imatch is a great concept if they could work out the bugs.

Apr 16, 2013 6:32 PM in response to snowdream

Seems to be a lot of threads with this problem so i thought i would report what fixed it for me, someone wrote the following

"...running iTunes as Administrator. I even right-clicked the iTunes.exe file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes directory and clicked Properties, then the Compatibility tab and chose "Run this program as an administrator" so now every time I run it, it runs as Administrator... "

One I tried this it stopped the problem happening. No idea why this would make a difference but it does.

Why do i have to log into iTunes match repeatedly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.