Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Printer Not Found by iPad3

When I try to print from iPad3 to my wireless HP printer, all I get is an "AirPrint Printer Not Found" message. My printer is AirPrint compatible, and all drivers, firmware and software are up to date.

Is there any workaround fror this?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 5:44 PM

11 replies

Apr 14, 2012 6:27 PM in response to rbii

At first I thought it was. I have a HP Deskjet 3050 J610. Then I looked again at the list and saw that the one on the list is the HP Deskjet 3050A J611.

It is absurd that there is no way for me to print from the iPad3 because of a compatibility problem. For those of us who are refugees from the PC world, we thought this kind of crap ended when we switched to Apple. Guess not.

Apr 15, 2012 5:54 AM in response to Mileman10

Well I have a HP printer and a Epson, I have a Imac and the Bonjour print server etc, I have no problems printing from my late 2011 macbook pro, or my acer, or the other 3 laptops in the house which all are pc's! All useing bonjour! But I can't use it on my ipad 3 Hmmm ok apple now have to do a work around! Found 2 other softwares through the app store, and they show the printers let me print the test pages, but when I want to print no go! This *****!

Apr 15, 2012 4:55 PM in response to Mileman10

I have a Epson Stylus R220 and a HP office jet 6000 wireless buth I use per bonjour. and the HP not hte wireless side, I downloaded and installed Printopia, and installed it on the Imac that is connected to the printers! and the ipod worked and was able to print via both with no problems! now to see if their is a way now to save the print job for when I am not at home on the network!

Wireless Printer Not Found by iPad3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.