Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork vs Microsoft Office

Which one? Im going to be a Mac user soon and I cant wait for the 13" Air! I am a student who doesnt really do presentations unless the lecturer wants us to do it. I really want good presentations and please help me choose!!!(or recommend)

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 3:37 AM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2012 4:59 AM in response to AppleMacMindfreak

iWork templates help you produce extremely good looking documents quickly. There is also the ability to have tables (real spreadsheets) in the same document as well as beautiful 3D charts.

Word is extremely clunky by comparison to Pages. But a big consideration will be what your lecturer's demand from you. Pages is not Word and if they demand everything to be compatible with PC Word you will encounter incompatibilities.

It really comes down to your circumstances and whether your lecturers will be happy to receive your work in one of the forms that Pages can provide. Pages documents, exports to Word or pdf.

Peter

iWork vs Microsoft Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.