Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iTunes Accounts, same email Address

Hi All,

So I've been an iTunes user since 2005. In that time I haven't changed accounts or stopped using the service.

About two weeks ago I go to update my iPhone automatically. For some reason my username/password was invalid - not a big deal I'll just head over to Apple and reset it. Asked them to send me an email to reset the password and one never appears. Two more attempts, and nothing happens no email, but Apple's iForgot seems to think it's sending one to a valid account (interestingly, when I try to identify myself through personal info, it doesn't agree with the info Apple have for me apparently).

I eventually try to sign up to iTunes again with the same email address so I can get at least a little functionality back. Lo and behold, it allows me to create a brand new account with EXACTLY the same email address and info as before.

Now I'm left with problems - I can't update ANY apps. Free or paid for. I seem to be be caught in between both ID's right now.

I still have both 'Welcome to the iTunes Store' emails (from '05 and this week) with the SAME email address on them. I can't log in to the 'old' account because the ID is identical to the new one I've set up. I still have EVERY receipt of payment for all songs and apps I've bought over the years.

Has anyone come across this before? I've seen a few articles about the email verification loop before, but my situation seems relatively new. I don't plan on buying these apps and songs again and would quite like access to software and features I have paid for.

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, iTunes Issues

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 4:58 AM

There are no replies.

Two iTunes Accounts, same email Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.