Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

freezes while filling out login form to websites

I've been experiencing this for over a month now. Basically, occasionally when logging into a website (i.e. google, designers.mx, amazon, etc. -- really doesn't matter what site it seems), Lion will entirely freeze up for seconds to up to minutes. More specifically it occurs when tabbing from the username to the password field. This will happen both in Chrome and Firefox. I had thought it was related to maybe firefox add-ons (i.e. I have 1password, but i've disabled them and have had it still happen. I do use firebug, but wouldn't think it was related to this issue...

I've already verified there are no issues in the keychain access as well.

I can sometimes unfreeze momentarily it by pressing the power button briefly.

I'm also up-to-date on all my Lion updates.

Any help is most appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 6:23 AM

5 replies

May 25, 2012 2:31 PM in response to paulj04

I am so glad I see this posting! I have the same issues for a long time now and I was just going to post my own thread!

The freezing is related to any pasword promopt for me - not just in FF or chrome. Its for VNC, and even mac's own screenserver password prompt!

I found a hack to unfreeze the screen thought with out waiting for 2mins.

On the right bottom corner (where DVD drive is) hold it tight and give a twist like u want to break the laptop. You will see that the screen unfreezes immediately. I do this pretty much everytime I get prompted for password these days.

Something bizare is going on! I have not found a way to permanently fix it till now.

May 28, 2012 6:26 PM in response to girixkumar

sorry to hear you have the same issue, though it's a little reassuring to me to know that I'm not the only one. Though your hack sounds odd, I am willing to try just about anything, so the next time the freeze happens to me, I may give your suggestion a try.

in the meantime, hopefully someone will respond and shine some light on this issue. thanks.

Jul 11, 2012 5:05 PM in response to girixkumar

@girixkumar

you're hack actually did work for me too, though I have no idea why it would work. Is it a hardware issue then?

Do you happen to have the software 1Password installed? FOr some reason, I think my freezing issues may have started after I started using 1Password....

Anyway, did you ever make any headway on the issue?

freezes while filling out login form to websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.