Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari quit unexpectedly while using the .quickcardsand.tmp plugin

Hi Guys -

We're having some issues with our safari application quiting unexpectedly. Recently our Microsoft Office for Mac quit on us as well. I believe I have to purchase the new updated version as I have updated my OS recently. Though it did work recently with the new software.

My main concern is this safari issue. It looks like the prompt is coming from this: .quickcardsand.tmp

Though I cannot locate the file anywhere on my machine. Here's a photo of the prompt when my safari closes:

User uploaded file

Can you help? Do I need new software or an update?
Anyone aware of this quickcards?

Thanks!

iMac

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:18 AM

9 replies

Apr 15, 2012 2:00 PM in response to samsamardzija

Hi Sam...

.quickcardsand.tmp

Your Mac is infected with the flashback trojan but it's relatively easy to remove.

Installing this update should remove the trojan variants > Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 8

Restart your Mac after the update is installed and try Safari.

If it crashes again, use ths removal tool > Flashback Removal Tool - F-Secure Weblog : News from the Lab

Using OpenDNS can help to prevent malware in the future.

See this User Tip >

OpenDNS is blocking the Flashback Trojan, or what’s being described as one of the single biggest Mac security incidents of all time.: Apple Support Communities

Safari quit unexpectedly while using the .quickcardsand.tmp plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.