Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ical in my Macbook Pro is not in sync with my Ipad 2 and Ipod touch. What can I do?

Please help,

Every time I use my Ipad 2 or my Ipod Touch to enter an event or an appointment to my ical, either one of them will show the event or appointment as soon as they are connected over WiFi. The same event will not show up in my ical in my MacBook Pro. I tried to sync them and nothing. I double check to make sure all the features in all 3 (MacBook Pro, Ipad 2 and Ipod Touch) are set with the same features and nothing. My ical in my MackBook Pro will not sync with the events in my Ipad 2 or my ipod Touch. Now, if I type the event in my MacBook Pro ical, and sync my Ipad 2 and Ipod Touch, then I have the events or appointments are recorded. But, many times, I do not carry my MacBook Pro with me, and I missed an appointment for example. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 1:10 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2012 7:50 AM in response to 1marko68

Greetings,

Questions:

1. What version of the Mac OS are you running (Apple > About this Mac)?

2. What version of the iOS are you running (Settings > About)?

3. Do you use MobileMe/ iCloud or another server based sync solution like Google or Yahoo?

4. Do other changes to synced information like Address Book content sync successfully back and forth?

Based on your description it sounds like you have a 1 way sync issue. Events sync fine between the iOS devices and fine from the computer to the iOS devices but not from the iOS devices to the computer.

Try:

1. Backup your computer and iOS devices before doing anything else:
  2. Ensure all the devices in use are fully up to date: Apple > Software Update / Settings > General > Software Update
  3. Make separate backups of critical data:
  4. Reset syncing on your Mac: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

Reply back if that does not resolve your issue.

Hope that helps.

My ical in my Macbook Pro is not in sync with my Ipad 2 and Ipod touch. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.