Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Themes are not present when trying to make a card.

Themes are not present when trying to make a card. ??

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 1:40 PM

13 replies

Apr 17, 2012 6:55 AM in response to Longmont man

Greetings,

You need to reinstall iPhoto.

Questions:

• What version of iPhoto are you running (iPhoto > About iPhoto)?
  • What version of the Mac OS are you running (Apple > About this Mac)?

General steps:

1. Remove the following files to the trash:
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > iPhoto (if present)
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > NetServices (if present)
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Receipts > iPhoto (anything with iPhoto in the name)
    • Macintosh HD > Applications > iPhoto
  2. Insert the iLife install disk you have or the Applications disk that came with your computer and reinstall iPhoto: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2604
  3. Once installation is complete go to the Apple > Software update and repeat this until no additional updates are offered.

Hope that helps.

Apr 30, 2012 3:58 PM in response to MadisonP

Sorry this is taking so long, but have been out of town. Clarification: I can go the the App Store I see iPhoto '11 is still there. Do I still go through the steps of removing files to the trash as above? And then go straight to the reinstall of iPhoto '11, or do I have to reinstall an iLife disk? I have iLife '04, '05, and '06, then I have sitting in the store '11.

May 1, 2012 12:45 PM in response to Longmont man

To clarify:

• You've removed iPhoto to the trash.
  • You've reinstalled iPhoto from the Mac App Store.

1. If those are true, click anywhere on your desktop (The background) and go to the top of your computer screen and click on the menu called "Go".
  2. Click on "Applications".
  3. Locate iPhoto in the list of Applications and double-click to open it from here.
  4. If it works fine, empty your trash.

May 1, 2012 1:49 PM in response to Longmont man

This behavior suggests you've moved iPhoto somewhere else on your computer outside the normal location which is in the Applications folder.

1. Click anywhere on your desktop and go to "File" at the top of the screen and "Find"
  2. In the bar that runs across the top of this window click on "This Mac"
  3. In the search bar in the top right type in "iphoto.app"
  4. Any results you see in the window below should be dragged to the trash can.
  5. Empty the trash and then restart your computer by going to Apple > Restart.
  6. Once you've restarted, install from the Mac App Store again.

Themes are not present when trying to make a card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.