You need to reinstall iPhoto.
- What version of iPhoto are you running (iPhoto > About iPhoto)?
- What version of the Mac OS are you running (Apple > About this Mac)?
- Remove the following files to the trash:
- Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > iPhoto (if present)
- Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > NetServices (if present)
- Macintosh HD > Library > Receipts > iPhoto (anything with iPhoto in the name)
- Macintosh HD > Applications > iPhoto
- Insert the iLife install disk you have or the Applications disk that came with your computer and reinstall iPhoto: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2604
- Once installation is complete go to the Apple > Software update and repeat this until no additional updates are offered.
Hope that helps.
Sorry this is taking so long, but have been out of town. Clarification: I can go the the App Store I see iPhoto '11 is still there. Do I still go through the steps of removing files to the trash as above? And then go straight to the reinstall of iPhoto '11, or do I have to reinstall an iLife disk? I have iLife '04, '05, and '06, then I have sitting in the store '11.
- You've removed iPhoto to the trash.
- You've reinstalled iPhoto from the Mac App Store.
- If those are true, click anywhere on your desktop (The background) and go to the top of your computer screen and click on the menu called "Go".
- Click on "Applications".
- Locate iPhoto in the list of Applications and double-click to open it from here.
- If it works fine, empty your trash.
This behavior suggests you've moved iPhoto somewhere else on your computer outside the normal location which is in the Applications folder.
- Click anywhere on your desktop and go to "File" at the top of the screen and "Find"
- In the bar that runs across the top of this window click on "This Mac"
- In the search bar in the top right type in "iphoto.app"
- Any results you see in the window below should be dragged to the trash can.
- Empty the trash and then restart your computer by going to Apple > Restart.
- Once you've restarted, install from the Mac App Store again.