Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 won't import to iTunes Library, but will import into iPhone

I recently purchased an MP3 album from Amazon, which downloaded fine. Unlike previous times, however, the Amazon Downloader app didn't load the music into my iTunes library. I tried to manually add the album to my iTunes Library, with no luck. I was able to load the album into my iPhone Music app by dragging and dropping on my iPhone device in iTunes (after turning off iTunes Match).. If I double-click on the songs on my hard drive, they will play in iTunes, but do not import.

I am running Mac OS 10.7.3, iTunes 10.6.1 (7) and have iTunes Match active on my computer.

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 5:55 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2012 6:59 PM in response to jabie1977

Something similar happened to me today as well. I uploaded an album of mp3s to my iTunes and it went through the motions of analyzing and all that to incorporate into the library, only now the songs/album/artist do not display in iTunes. I tried looking for it as mislabeled or no label, and even sorted by date added to see if it was displaying. It. is. not. there.

However, it is there. Because I was able to download it to my iPhone via iMatch. Just not displaying in iTunes. Maddening.

Apr 16, 2012 4:01 AM in response to jabie1977

Similar problem for me this morning. I pre-ordered an album on iTunes last week that was released today. When I opened iTunes the album began downloading and seemed to be successful as it showed up in the "Purchased" list. However, no sign of it my Music Library. I managed to drag and drop it in to a playlist, which synced with my iPhone no problem. I have played back the full album from the Playlist on the Mac and the iPhone, but no sign of it in the Library.

iTunes 10.6.1 (7) running on Mac OS X 10.7.03 with iTunes Match enabled.

MP3 won't import to iTunes Library, but will import into iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.