Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sync my ipod with my itunes on my laptop?

I have a 60 gig iPod classic and nothing happens when I click on the sync button in iTiunes. The device is recognized in the "Summary" page but I cannot sync with my laptop. I am using Windows 7 and iTuunes 10.6.1.7.

Thanks

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 10:17 PM

9 replies

Apr 28, 2012 10:53 PM in response to Tamvong

Thanks Bilbo but when I click on the "Music" tab the option to manually sync is greyed out and the only option I have is to automatically replace everything on my iPod.

Also, I cannot access other content on my iPod. I used it as a back-up storage device and although this shows up as "Other" in iTunes it does not show up on Windows Explorer

Thanks

Apr 29, 2012 8:24 PM in response to Tamvong

That's great, thanks Bilbo. I was reluctant to go beyond the warning about total syncing but held my breath and got to the manually sync option which works.

I can't remember how I put the back up onto the iPod but I've checked every folder in WinExplorer and find nothing although Itunes shows 16g of "Other"

How do you go into Disk mode?

Thanks

Apr 30, 2012 7:00 AM in response to Tamvong

1. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  2. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    User uploaded file
  3. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Then you can use the iPod as an external portable hardisk.

As for your 16Gb Other, it is most likely some data from a failed Sync Operation, if you cant find some folder in WinExplorer from your previous backup.

Apr 30, 2012 7:01 AM in response to Tamvong

1. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  2. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    User uploaded file
  3. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Then you can use the iPod as an external portable hardisk.

As for your 16Gb Other, it is most likely some data from a failed Sync Operation, if you cant find some folder in WinExplorer from your previous backup.

How can I sync my ipod with my itunes on my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.