Skip navigation

How can I sync my ipod with my itunes on my laptop?

558 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 5:53 AM by Bilbo_cheshire RSS
Tamvong Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 15, 2012 10:17 PM

I have a 60 gig iPod classic and nothing happens when I click on the sync button in iTiunes. The device is recognized in the "Summary" page but I cannot sync with my laptop. I am using Windows 7 and iTuunes 10.6.1.7.

Thanks

• Bilbo_cheshire Level 4 Level 4 (1,765 points)
    Apr 16, 2012 12:46 AM (in response to Tamvong)

Perhaps, this Apple iTunes tutorial may hel[p.

http://support.apple.com/kb/VI72

Have a nice day!

Apr 29, 2012 7:24 AM (in response to Tamvong)

Most likely, your iPod was sync to another iTunes library, in AutoSync mode.

In the Music Tab, you should just tick 'Selected playlist"

The Manually Manage option is on the Summary tab. highlighted in yellow, which I normally use to add music without erasing the whole iPod.

As for your WinExplorer, question, You should put your backup in the iPod, under Disk mode, then you would remember which folder in the iPod you put it in.

How do you put your backup in the iPod? dragging folder across or used a backup software?

Apr 30, 2012 7:00 AM (in response to Tamvong)
    1. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    2. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
      Illustration of disk mode
    3. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Then you can use the iPod as an external portable hardisk.

As for your 16Gb Other, it is most likely some data from a failed Sync Operation, if you cant find some folder in WinExplorer from your previous backup.

Apr 30, 2012 7:01 AM (in response to Tamvong)
    1. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    2. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
      Illustration of disk mode
    3. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Then you can use the iPod as an external portable hardisk.

As for your 16Gb Other, it is most likely some data from a failed Sync Operation, if you cant find some folder in WinExplorer from your previous backup.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

If you dont see the Apple logo, then your hold switch, maybe defective, you should not see the red marker, when you do this procedure to put the iPod in Disk mode.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.