Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin Permissions have changed

Hello,

I'm hoping you can assist me.

When I upgraded to Snow Leopard, somehow my permissions have become affected and now when I log in as administrator, I am blocked from accessing folders that the administrator should be able to access. I think that my Administrator account details got deleted or changed to 'unknown' during the upgrade when I had to wipe my whole computer to load the new software.

I now get the message: 'The folder “CrashReporter” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.'

I can then go into 'Get Info' to change the permissions by adding my admin account (which is not there for some reason) and specifying 'read and write' and then it works fine. However, I have to do this individually for each and every folder and subfolder to make the files work properly. Is there a way of having the computer change all the access permissions to accept my admin name and password again? (So I don't have to change the permissions one at a time on each folder?)

Many thanks for any assistance.

cheers!

John

Saddle Sore Cowboy

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), external HD has bootable old OS

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:26 PM

1 reply

Admin Permissions have changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.