Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma MP560 Mac Mook Pro

I have a Canon Pixma MP 560 printer/scanner and a Mac Book Pro running on OS Lion 10.7. The Canon is connected to the WIFI but the Mac Book will only find the scanner, not the printer. I downloaded the latest drivers from Canon, plus ran their install software. But it's still not owrking. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:58 PM

The printer component of the MP560 can take longer to appear than the scanner component. The scanner uses Bonjour to advertise itself on the wireless network, while the printer component uses a proprietary protocol called "canonijnetwork". If you select to add a printer and have the Default Add Printer view open, you will see the MP560 as Bonjour Scanner in the Kind column. But if you wait at least 15 seconds more, the printer should appear showing "canonijnetwork" in the Kind column.

If this printer component does not appear after 30 seconds maximum then it would suggest a problem with the printer driver installation. So open Finder and navigate to HD > Library > Printers > Canon > BJPrinter and trash the contents of this folder. Then download the latest MP560 driver via this link and run the installer. With the installation completed, try to add the printer again.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2012 3:58 PM in response to ypopper

The printer component of the MP560 can take longer to appear than the scanner component. The scanner uses Bonjour to advertise itself on the wireless network, while the printer component uses a proprietary protocol called "canonijnetwork". If you select to add a printer and have the Default Add Printer view open, you will see the MP560 as Bonjour Scanner in the Kind column. But if you wait at least 15 seconds more, the printer should appear showing "canonijnetwork" in the Kind column.

If this printer component does not appear after 30 seconds maximum then it would suggest a problem with the printer driver installation. So open Finder and navigate to HD > Library > Printers > Canon > BJPrinter and trash the contents of this folder. Then download the latest MP560 driver via this link and run the installer. With the installation completed, try to add the printer again.

Feb 5, 2014 4:53 PM in response to ypopper

Hi

I have done all the above and yet my printer is still not connecting. The scanner is having a lovely time letting me know it is there and ready to use, but sadly no printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not realy techno savvy so will need step by step instructions. I did manage to follow the above (with a little difficulty). I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and a MP560.

Feb 5, 2014 5:33 PM in response to eddyfromnt

It appears that Canon has changed the driver that I linked to above and quote that it is just for 10.6 and 10.5. Now they have a different driver link for 10.7 and later. Here is that link.

So with this driver installed, when you click the plus to add the printer and the MP560 scanner appears, hopefully a second MP560 appears a short time later with canonijnetwork showing in the Kind column. Reply if this does not happen.

Feb 5, 2014 5:49 PM in response to PAHU

I think I had already found that drive and tried it and it didn't work. I did try again, and still no luck. I have even plugged the printer into the computer and it can't 'see' it now. Under printer and scanner preferences, I have DVD, file printer, scanner, web, remote login, remote man, internet and bluetooth on. Is it worth turning everything off and on again ?

Feb 5, 2014 6:08 PM in response to eddyfromnt

eddyfromnt wrote:

I have even plugged the printer into the computer and it can't 'see' it now.

That doesn't sound good. I suggest you turn off the MP560 and unplug the power cord and USB cable. Leave it disconnected for 5 minutes. Then reconnect the power cord and turn it back on. Then reconnect the USB cable and see if you can add it. If it still fails to appear when connected by USB cable, then try another USB cable and other USB port on the Mac. Note that you should be connecting directly to Mac USB port. Not via the USB port on the keyboard (if using a USB keyboard) or via a USB hub.

Canon Pixma MP560 Mac Mook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.