Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I launch my iCal it keeps "adding a new event" over and over

When I launch my iCal it keeps "adding a new event" over and over and over. It never lets me actually get into the iCal aplication? is there a way I can clear and reset mt iCal calender?

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:43 AM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2012 10:22 PM in response to WilliamFitz

Greetings William,

1. Go to iCal > Quit iCal

2. Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:

Home > Library > Caches > com.apple.ical

Home > Library > Calendars

Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)

--- NOTE: To get to "Home > Library" in Lion: Click anywhere on the desktop and then click on the "Go" menu at the top of the computer screen while holding down the "option" key on the keyboard. You will see "Library" in the menu.

--- NOTE: Removing these files may remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

3. Launch iCal and test.

Hope that helps.

When I launch my iCal it keeps "adding a new event" over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.