Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud and docs/data

Apr 13, 2012 10:10 AM

I have set up icloud on my imac, new ipad and iphone 4 to sync documents and data; I realize that only documents created with iWork will work. However, none of the documents, saved as a Pages document (from Word) appear in either my iPad or Iphone or any document that I create with Pages and paste text into will not appear on my iphone or new ipad.

Ideas welcome.

GH

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:34 AM

7 replies

Apr 16, 2012 4:10 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I am using Word documents on my iMac which I save as a Pages Document and I thought they'd automatically sync with my mobile devices. I am not moving them to iCloud. Is that what I have to do? How do I do so? Will documents I create on my ipad for example, automatically sync with my imac and iphone 4??

Thanks,

GH

Apr 19, 2012 12:59 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I uploaded from my Page document on my computer to Iworks (Icloud) and then it downloaded to my iphone and ipad successfully. I edited the document on my iphone but it did not change the originally document on my computer; is this as it should be? In all three devices, icloud is set on for documents and data.

Thank,

GH

icloud and docs/data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.