Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted user still listed on network

Hello,

After deleting one of 2 admin users on my MBP (Lion), my other computers still see both users listed on the home network. Mostly it's just annoying, when I can simply ignore the "ghost" user name, but in one case my oldest imac is confused and can't connect to either users. There must be some way to delete preferences or otherwise get the network to "reset" its list of MBP users? (It's is a basic Airport network with an Extreme plus an extending Express.) Thanks!

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:44 AM

Did you delete the user's home folder? Apparently it still exists and is still being shared.

3 replies

Apr 18, 2012 8:24 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the response. You are correct -- I did leave that user folder. So I have deleted it, and it doesn't show up. There is still one part of the problem left. The older imac with 10.3. In Finder > Network, the imac shows, correctly, only the sole remaining user on the MBP. But I cannot access that user public folder from the imac. If I try to log into MBP's Public as guest, nothing happens, and as registered user, the error message says my password is incorrect. Is there something I can try?

deleted user still listed on network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.