Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my magic mouse scroll on 10.7.3?

My magic mouse has stopped scrolling out of the blue. I've taken a look at all preferences, restarted, shut down, etc. and can't seem to re-enable.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:57 AM

13 replies

Apr 16, 2012 10:21 AM in response to ryant7

Curious. I've seen conflicts with the PrefPanes when USBoverdrive was installed. Normally the Mouse preference pane doesn't show the Magic Mouse options.

Try trashing the mouse preference file located in

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist

~ is your home folder name.

Your home folder library is hidden by default in Lion but can be reached by starting a Finder window and then on the Menubar, Finder > Go > hold the Option key down > select Library. In the resulting screen find the Preferences folder and drag the file above to your desktop.

Restart. OSx will create a new Preference List with default settings so you might have to visit any custom settings and reset them.

Jun 25, 2015 10:46 AM in response to captfred

WTH

captfred wrote:

This option shouldn't just suddenly turn off, however double check System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad tab > Mouse Options.. button > check Scrolling.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Captfred

WTH why is this a thing when there is two other places in sysprefs for magic mouse? This was the solution for me. All hail captfred!

Jan 9, 2016 4:26 PM in response to captfred

Just wanted to thank you for asking and answering this question as i too have been having the same exact issues with my mouse ; IT would stop scrolling and i went to preferences and realized that my SCROLLING OPTION was checked , i too tried restarting my computer several times with no luck - Then i googled the issue and found your thread and followed your very precise instructions and this was very simple to compete and sure enough just after i restarted my computer my scrolling began to work! Thank you for such precise resolve!

Why won't my magic mouse scroll on 10.7.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.