Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help w/Bluetooth MBP connections

Question: what exactly do I need to buy/attach to my 2011 MBPro to be able to connect and use bluetooth stereo headphones (or a headset) to play iTunes?

I have searched this, and other forums, and seen many different results. None of which actually come right out and say what works...

I exercise one hour daily on a skiing machine. During that, I like to read books, and listen to the audiobook while reading (currently LotR and Rob Inglis' CDs). I have tried two different BT stereo headsets, both paired with the MBP, and both allowed me to control iTunes. Hopwever, both would not automatically connect the next day, sometimes not connecting at all. Very big PITA as I'm spending my time trying to get the darned things to work intstead of working out!

So, now I have read that the MBP (Macs in general, maybe?) do not do A2DP, so I need that. But then I see that my MBP is BT2.1 + HDR, so I need that. Is there any adapter/dongle/headset that will do the trick? I appreciate your time spent answering!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.5 GHz i7, 4 GB 1333 DDR3

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2012 1:47 PM in response to Kappy

Thank you.

I read all and find two things: 1) I have several other 2.4GHz things operating which may interfere. But they don't seem to be the problem(s)

2) Why my headsets dont' reconnect when turned on isn't answered in those articles (at least I couldn't find a answer).

The good news is that the Sony MW-600 I'm currently using connected perfectly this A.M. for my workout.

Also, anecdotal evidence suggests that if I turn on the Mac prior to the headset, and even begin iTunes prior to turning on the headset, the connection works. I will continue to try that, and to research other possibilities.

Thanks again!

Please Help w/Bluetooth MBP connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.