Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn a homemade movie to a DVD. I have iMovie, do NOT have iDVD, and am using Snow Leopard. Do I have to buy something for this one task?!!

How do I burn a DVD of. Movie I made? I have purchased iMovie. Do NOT have iDVD, cannot figure out how to get iDVD, am using Snow Leopard.

Do I use iTunes? Does iMovie have the capability somewhere? I know my MacBook has the capability to burn.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:36 AM

The best thing is iDVD which you can no longer buy from Apple. You will have to buy the complete iLife box set and you will need to make sure it contains iDVD. It may be harder to find because many people still want iDVD despite Apple thinking DVDs are old-fashioned and undesirable.

For very simple DVD authoring you can try the commerical Toast burning utility, or for truly simple DVDs, the free Burn utility.

You should double check your original installer DVD for your computer. A version may have been provided with the computer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2012 11:36 AM in response to o2bn0g

The best thing is iDVD which you can no longer buy from Apple. You will have to buy the complete iLife box set and you will need to make sure it contains iDVD. It may be harder to find because many people still want iDVD despite Apple thinking DVDs are old-fashioned and undesirable.

For very simple DVD authoring you can try the commerical Toast burning utility, or for truly simple DVDs, the free Burn utility.

You should double check your original installer DVD for your computer. A version may have been provided with the computer.

Apr 16, 2012 4:56 PM in response to o2bn0g

Do NOT have iDVD, cannot figure out how to get iDVD, am using Snow Leopard.

iDVD is very easy to get. I have tried all of the alternatives. IDVD is much superior and easier to use, it is also specifically designed to work with iMovie.

IDVD is a wonderful piece of software and well worth the low cost of $39.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

Apr 16, 2012 4:58 PM in response to Limnos

I downloaded the free BURN utility and got one DVD made. Then, when I tried to make another copy of the same home movie, I got a message saying "do you want to convert the file to mpg" which it already was. I tried yes, I tried canceling. Yes didn't work and froze the program. I had to Force Quit. The Toast utility costs money, and I am only trying to make six copies of a home made movie.

How do I burn a homemade movie to a DVD. I have iMovie, do NOT have iDVD, and am using Snow Leopard. Do I have to buy something for this one task?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.