Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I launch iPhoto and it "Appears Corrupt"

For a while now every time I launch iPhoto I get a message that it appears corrupt and it checks the database before I use it.

All functions work great once it does its checking, but the next time I launch iPhoto I have to go through the same thing.

Mac mini (Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:09 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2012 10:33 PM in response to tunseeker1

What version of iPhoto? Assuming 09 or later...

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

I launch iPhoto and it "Appears Corrupt"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.