Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key Chain Access won't open - crashes - please help!

I had to hard reset my laptop the other day and a few things happened - I had to rebuilt the microsoft entourage database which is now fine but Key Chain Access crashes everytime I try to open it!

Have repaired all permissions etc.

I've all of a sudden realised how much of a pain this is as I dont have my passwords anywhere else! Arrrgh!

I hope its not a virus or anything like that?

Using a macbook pro 2.66, 10.5.8

This is the info it gives me when I click report..

Really hope someone can help :S

Process: Keychain Access [1149]
Path: /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Keychain Access
Identifier: com.apple.keychainaccess
Version: ??? (???)
Build Info: KeychainAccess-368050000~85
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [96]

Interval Since Last Report: 2436 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Date/Time: 2012-04-17 12:50:42.704 +1000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Report Version: 6

Anonymous UUID: FEEED589-78FC-4970-AD77-92587DFCC7DF

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

unknown required load command 0x80000022

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:50 PM

6 replies

Jun 7, 2012 10:51 PM in response to agentollie

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

Nov 3, 2013 9:27 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you BDAqua!!!!!!!! 😁

I have been struggling with this problem for days and your last step, after step 5, "Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup)" worked!

Once I booted in Safe Mode, it allowed me to update my Apple ID and iCloud settings without hanging forever. I literally fixed the problem within one minute of loging in after following your suggestion for a Safe Boot.

Thank you again,

phillyry 😉

Nov 3, 2013 9:32 AM in response to agentollie

agentollie

I also reset my Apple ID password.

In my case, it turned out that the Sunrise calendar app had their servers hacked and I got an email recommending that I reset my Apple ID and change my password.

The Safe Boot that BDAqua recommended then allowed me to update the settings on the MacBook Air without getting constant prompts that were paralyzing the computer.

Best of luck,

phillyry.

Key Chain Access won't open - crashes - please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.