Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OMG... what have I bought!

After very helpful feedback on here, I just downloaded Motion.

😮😮😮

Where going from FCP Express to FCPX was a welcome break (FCPX is much more logical!) going from Live Type to this is a ....... shock!

I'm stunned that you can get such powerful looking software for 50 bucks.

I'm afraid the learning curve is going to be steeper than it was for FCP Express, and it will end up as neverusedware!

I don't know where to start (just downloaded additional content and can't see much new.... there should be for 1.4GB!!)

Did any of you have a similar reaction.... did you find any easy help..... are you glad you stuck with it???

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:43 PM

this morning, this is the third reply I'm mentioning MacBreak Studio and CreativeCow Video Podcasts at iTunes as an excellent source for learning this awesome tool.-

As an hobbyist, coming from iMovie, my shock was even bigger … but after some hours of frustration and sweat, I'm creating my own animated title templates and effects, fully integrated and customizeable in FCPX … grrreat!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2012 10:43 PM in response to salty777

this morning, this is the third reply I'm mentioning MacBreak Studio and CreativeCow Video Podcasts at iTunes as an excellent source for learning this awesome tool.-

As an hobbyist, coming from iMovie, my shock was even bigger … but after some hours of frustration and sweat, I'm creating my own animated title templates and effects, fully integrated and customizeable in FCPX … grrreat!

Apr 17, 2012 10:35 AM in response to salty777

In addition to Karsten's recommendations I believe that Ripple has some nice intro to Motion tutorials. Also If you google you will find lots of Utube tutorials on replicators, emitters etc. Also I think the manual is very good and I refer to it a lot. When you first start with Motion it can be intimidating to say the least, but if you break it up into pieces and learn them it all comes together although it will likely take a couple of months. I started out by opening some FCP Titles, Transitions and effects in motion and studying how they were constructed. Then moved on to simple projects in 2D before trying 3D stuff. I also found it helpful to focus on pieces as I said above. For example I worked with masks, text, shapes appling behaviors and filters until I really understood how they worked in Motion. Then moved on to emitters, replicators etc. Taking small bites at a time worked for me. I think you will really like this program as you become familar with it. Have fun!

OMG... what have I bought!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.