Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes keeps rewinding automatically

Occasionally when listing to music, and this happens with the DVD player app also, it will begin rewinding automatically. As I usually have either of these programs playing in the background it's hard to figure out why this is happening.

I am using the apple magic mouse, could that be the problem? Altough i would think it would affect the app I am using, not one that's running in the background.

any help would be great since this is getting extremely annoying.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 27" iMac mid 2010

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:07 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2013 5:04 AM in response to s.torrance84

Hi,

I am having this issue as well with DVD Player on my Mac Mini. The software is iOS 10.4.8 (has not been updated for over a year).

The DVD Player will just begin rewinding automatically at random points of any DVD disc (I mostly have store-bought DVDs). I can regain playback by hitting the Space bar, but the problem still occurs.

I noticed this only begun when I put new batteries into my Apple wireless keyboard (for a while I was only using a wired mouse to operate the Mac Mini.

Thanks for your help.

My iTunes keeps rewinding automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.