Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Roundcube Lion Server 10.7.3 PostgresSQL

Since webmail never worked solid on my Lion Server 10.7.3, like the rest of Lion server except for Mail, I'd like to update Roundcube 0.7.2. Thing is that during the upgrading proces I don't know what database, username for the database and password I should enter, although the database would be roundcubemail I believe. And then there is the kind of database for which roundcube installer gives me a few options like MySQL, but no PostgresSQL to choose from...

Needless to say that after downloading, unpacking and adjusting the two folders to be readable and writable for the web user (www) I'm basically stuck.

That's why I'd like to ask if someone here would be so kind as to hlep me out.

regards,

Mark

p.s. I have run the 10.7.3 combo update yesterday hoping that would help a bit with PostgreSQL.

p.p.s. I do hope that 10.8 does not have any problems so I can forget about Lion.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2012 9:51 AM in response to Mark23

I fixed the error of PgSQL not showing up as an option by doing:

brew update

brew install postgres

But I tried several options for the username and password used to connect to my db to no avail.

I receive the following error when doing sudo ./bin/installto.sh /usr/share/webmail :

Running update script at target...

MDB2 Error: connect failed (-24): _doConnect: [Error message: No such file or directory]

[Native code: 2002]

[Native message: No such file or directory]

Error connecting to database: MDB2 Error: connect failed

Nothing I could find on this problem but it looks obvious that everything is working except the connection to the PostgreSQL database...

Upgrading Roundcube Lion Server 10.7.3 PostgresSQL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.