Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the name or have no name for an iCloud email alias

I had MobileMe on the iPhone with alias email addresses and I liked how it didn’t attach any “name” to an alias. For example, I had MainUserName, then for aliases I would have alias1@me.com, alias2@me.com, etc. When I sent an email from my iPhone using one of the aliases as the "from" no name would be associated with the alias email address. If it was the MainUserName then it would associate it, e.g. Main User <mainusername@me.com> will show up on the "From" field when I sent an email. But with iCloud on the iPhone (and iPad), it’s Main User <alias1@me.com>, Main User <alias2@me.com, etc., which I don’t want. If anything it should be Alias 1 <alias1@me.com> or Alias 2 <alias2@me.com>. Anyway, I don't want any name associated with the aliases, so when I send an email it will simply say alias1@me.com or just alias2@me.com with no name association.

It works differently if I access iCloud through a web browser. If I send an email via iCloud on the web, I can customize and have a different name with each alias, e.g., Tom <alias1@me.com> or Harry <alias2@me.com> And the customization carries over to the Mail app on my Mac. That would be ideal if the customization carried over to the iPhone and iPad, but I'd be happy if there was no name association with alias email addresses. Hopefully, there's a solution to the iPhone/iPad situation with iCloud as I don't want the name linked with the main iCloud email address linked with all the different email aliases I have.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:29 PM

There are no replies.

How to change the name or have no name for an iCloud email alias

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.