Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer Apple TV movies to iTunes on my Mac?

How can I transfer my purchased movies from Apple TV to my comupter iTunes account? I thought they should transfer with iCloud or match but they haven't. When I go to iTunes preferences Apple TV doesn't show under devices. Help!

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:48 PM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2012 12:36 AM in response to mmatheson85

Only AppleTV1 shows under Devices.

I've always preferred purchasing in iTunes except for rentals where often HD is only on iPad or AppleTV. You know where you are with itunes, AppleTV can be confusing.

AppleTV2 does notautomatically sync a movie back to iTunes (great job on confusing older 1dt gen users with this from Apple!)

AppleTV 2 and 3 do not store anything, they only temporarily download/cache for viewing.

Whether or not your movies can bd downloaded depends on where you live and which studios released them.

Not all movies are available in the 'Cloud', only certain studios and AFAIK only in the US.

You need to go to iTunes home page with the house icon - then check Quick Links on the right for Purchased - any redownloadable cloud content will be available there, i hope you get movies listed, I don't in the UK.

AC

How can I transfer Apple TV movies to iTunes on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.