Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPad with an internal network via WIFI and file exchange?

Hi all,

Our architects firm is currently trying to cut down on its paper waste. One sollution we are exploring is a system by which Ipad's can be synced with our internal file network (via wifi), we can download onto an Ipad PDF files which can be viewed, annotated and reuploaded via the network. It would be essential that the network is internal and isn't an icloud type of thing. Is such a system possible?

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 5:56 AM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2012 8:19 AM in response to Ty3rs

Not sure about the editing of pdf's *.doc files would be easier using something like Quick Office Pro HD, but you could use some type of sharepoint solution to make the docs available over an internally available web interface. Alternatively, Copiun has a product that allows access to AD fileshares. I think if version control is an issue you'd need to carefully evaluate both along with their capabilities.

Apr 17, 2012 11:41 AM in response to Ty3rs

This will give you access to the documents. You are own your own about version control.

Configure WebDave on your server. The WebDave protocol has replaced FTP in Apple's world.

This thread has good info.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3708341?tstart=0

Look in the app store for accessing Windows File servers.

for example:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filebrowser-access-files-on/id364738545?mt=8

I don't know about upload though.

Robert

Jul 29, 2015 10:37 PM in response to rccharles

Hi all,

I am here about three years later and I still have this problem. Is there some software that can link devices to the internal network and sync photos and pdfs? People want to use the portables to see the files on the network but can't get them in the same order and folder structure. Portables organize differently don't allow for customized sequences. Most importantly if I am correct icloud photo is for personal use meaning accounts cant be shared and collaboration is still lacking. I work at an Architecture firm as well.

Whats the update on this thread?

Jul 30, 2015 9:08 AM in response to Niki_Flash

Today...

I'd look at

== dropbbox.com, box.com, etc.

== Google docs

== GoodReader

-- With GoodReader on your iPad/iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures.

-- sync with Dropbox, OneDrive, SugarSync and any WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP or SFTP server

-- The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.

http://www.goodiware.com/

Sync iPad with an internal network via WIFI and file exchange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.