Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has "@mac.com" emails automatically changed to "@me.com"?

Has "@mac.com" emails automatically changed to "@me.com" without notice? And does this mean "@me.com" will one day change to "@icloud.com" without notice?

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:24 AM

Both @mac.com and @me.com continue to work - they are the same thing and emails to either will arrive in your inbox. You can send with either but you may have to specify one or other additionally in Preferences.

There is no icloud.com address nor likely to be.

5 replies

Apr 17, 2012 8:58 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

Thanks for that. I never knew that @icloud.com doesn't exisit. Thought it replaced @me.com address associated with Mobile Me, but people with older address can keep it.

The reason for my question is my boss at work was having trouble accessing his @mac.com email on his BlackBerry. It was working before but only recently stopped. He spoke to BlackBerry and they said his email is no longer @mac.com but @me.com. It now works again. I got comfused and swear I read that people with older email addresses (i.e. @mac.com and @me.com) can keep there address when moving to the new system (i.e. mac.com became me.com and now becomes icloud.com).

So I now know that if I email him with his email ending in @mac.com or @me.com it will still arrive. Think I just answered my own question. 😁 Nothing has changed, he just gets two emails with different endings, but setting up third party mail means settings need @me.com for older @mac.com emails.

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2012 10:38 AM in response to SB1241

I have just had the same problem. My mac.com mail was arriving perfectly until 2 days ago and I got a message to verify my passwordwhich had not changed. Tried many times, and it only started working again when I used me.com. Apple support tells me that me.com will continue working as an email address even past June 30.

Has "@mac.com" emails automatically changed to "@me.com"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.