Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini network connection timeout

I installed two systems in my Mac mini(2011 mid). Recently it can not be connected to D-Link router recently in Mac OSX but it can be connected under Win 7.

when I try to connect to wifi. it always show "connection timeout" "can not join"

I think this is a bug of OSX definitely. please help me to solve it.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 12:07 PM

Hello, try this...

Instead of joining it from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

2 replies

Apr 25, 2012 7:32 AM in response to fsxlxz

I have the same issue. I have a new Mac Mini that can't connect to a wifi router (which is working, as i can connect through win 7 on a different computer), it always gives me this "timeout" error message when I try to connect to a wifi network. It won't even actually attempt the connection, as I try with other available networks (not only mine) and I always receive the same error message. I noticed this happens a lot, I'm truly disappointed with my new mac mini.

mac mini network connection timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.