Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I export mac mail signatures?

Since migrating from Mobile Me to iCloud I have noticed that the signatures (of which I have a few) in Mac Mail do not sync to my other machines. My question is, how can I export my Mac Mail Signatures to another machine?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:30 AM

Send yourself an email, copy and paste the signature into the signature section of the mail preferences on the other machine.

7 replies

Jul 21, 2012 7:19 AM in response to hatched

Close Mail in both machines.

In the computer where your signatures are, go to your user library (in OS Lion this is hidden, but you may access it by holding down the option (alt) key while clicking on "go" then you will see the library item in the list. Another option to access it is to go to finder, click on "go", select "go to folder" and paste this: "~/Library"

Once you are there, go to Mail - > v2 -> MailData

You will find a folder called "Signatures". Copy this folder.

Go to the same locatin in the other machine. Make a backup copy of the "Signatures" folder and replace it with the other machine's folder.

Open Mail and check everything is running.

Best

how do I export mac mail signatures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.