Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked, fillable Numbers document?

I have created a Numbers Document with type-in fields and pop-up menus to denote the value of the typed fields. I'd like to know if theres a way to lock the document so i can simply tab through the cells without changing the format of the document, but only the value of the desired cells.

i've attached a screen shot of my document, the type in cells are all white, the drop down menus are in orange.User uploaded file

thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:45 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2012 11:04 AM in response to dave.dalgardnodc

Hi Dave,

Numbers doesn't seem to have been created to offer that sort of protection or functionality. You must get creative in the design of your document so that only the obvious input fields are visible and easy to get to. Arrange > Lock everything else or hide it well.

Hiding things is pretty easy since you can put one table underneath another, or on another sheet.

The iOS version of Numbers has a Form entry feature that may be just the thing for you.

Jerry

Locked, fillable Numbers document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.