Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After migration from a MacPro to IMac I can not update to 10.7.3

Purchase a new I-Mac and did a migration from my MacPro which was running OS X into the I-Mac. I can now NOT update or download anything into the I-Mac. I can not even download Firefox.

Any ideas or help to fix the problem?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:40 AM

First off, any new iMac most likely should already be running 10.7.3. Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac to verify that.

Secondly, if the Mac Pro was running anything less than 10.7, it may have applications that require Rosetta, which 10.7 doesn't have.

4 replies

Apr 17, 2012 11:42 AM in response to rdoug4

The only way to 10.7 on the Macbook Pro is to puchase it from the Mac App Store, or purchase the USB key stick from the Apple reseller.

If your Software Update on your 10.7 machine is corrupted either by the Malware, or some third party system modification tool, the best way to get from 10.7 to 10.7.3 is using the combo 10.7.3 update. 10.6.8 you can install a Malware protection Java update without having to upgrade to 10.7. To find the updates you need. read this tip.

Do not install any system modification like MacKeeper, Norton, Onyx, Applejack, Macaroni, or cache cleaner tools. These may prevent the system from being able to update properly. If the tools described don't work on the tip, try repairing permissions first with Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility, select First Aid, and select the hard drive partition. Then run the combo updater, and the Java patches in question.

After migration from a MacPro to IMac I can not update to 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.