Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about Software Update via Mac Mini Mid 2011 Model

I just update my Mac mini with the EFI Firmware Update version 1.6. It installed fine and I rebooted. A few days later i checked to see if i had any new updates for the Mini that were available. I saw again that the EFI Firmware Update version 1.6 was ther. I of course updated again.. and no problems rebooted. Its still showing up on my software update as an available update. What's going on here?

Let me know please.

Thank you.

D.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:13 AM

11 replies

Apr 17, 2012 2:30 PM in response to Drew M.

Not on 10.7 at the moment, but is there something like this, (a couple of more steps on Lion, but)...

At the Apple Icon at top left>About this Mac, then click on More Info, then click on Hardware> and report this upto but not including the Serial#...

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A

Question about Software Update via Mac Mini Mid 2011 Model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.