Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Playlists are empty!?

Hey Folks, I need some help.

I recently got a new mac and moved all my music over manually from my old mac.

after finally setting it all up, and finally getting my playlists working in iTunes, I synced my iPhone 3GS with the new computer.

Before syncing, I selected about 30 of my playlists to go onto the iPhone by checking their boxes under the "music" tab of my iPhone in iTunes on my mac.

All the music in those playlists copied to my iPhone, and the titles of the playlists show up on my iPhone, BUT THEY ARE EMPTY... ARRGGGHHH... I've re-syncing like 30 times over the space of a month, and no deal.

On my Mac, the playlists are just fine!

I am not subscribed to iTunes match.

If anyone has a good solution to this I would so very very happy.

Thanks.

iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 1:44 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2012 4:23 PM in response to Ozzy Davies

Well, at least I now know that iTunes Match is innocent. The same thing happened to me on my iphone 4 and I wondered if iTunes Match had anything to do with it, since I do have iTunes Match. I had set up a number of playlists and downloaded the songs from those playlists from iTunes Match to my iphone. Now I have the songs and a bunch of empty playlists!

iPhone Playlists are empty!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.