Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync Mac Mail Address Book with iCloud Address Book?

How do I sync the addresses/contacts in Mac Mail 4.5 with iCloud contacts?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:38 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2012 4:25 AM in response to marcfromlake wales

To be honest I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean by your contacts in mail, contacts are stored in your address book. However assuming you mean address book, then yes updating to OSX 10.7.2 or better, you will then be able to sync your address book on your Mac with iCloud.

I wouldn't really be in a position to advise whether it is a good idea or not to update your system to 10.7.2 or better, take time to discover what the new system offers you, read any reviews you can find about it, and make your own decision on the matter.

Feb 28, 2014 10:11 AM in response to Momnipotence

Updating simply takes the existing system as high as it will go - 10.6.8 in the case of Snow Leopard. You need to upgrade.

The minimum requirement for iCloud is Lion 10.7.5 (Mavericks preferred): the iCloud Preference Pane does not appear on earlier systems - the MobileMe pane appears on Lion and earlier but is now non-functional - you cannot now open or access a MobileMe account.

To make use of iCloud you will have to upgrade your Mac to Lion or Mavericks, provided it meets the requirements.

The requirements for Lion are:

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space

Lion is available in the Online Apple Store ($19.99). Mountain Lion (10.8.x) is also available there at the same price but there seems little point as the system requirements are the same for Mavericks (10.9.x) - which is free - unless you need to run specific software which will run on Mountain Lion only.

The requirements for Mountain Lion and Mavericks are:

• OS X v10.6.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 8GB of available space

and the supported models are:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
  • Xserve (Early 2009)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)

It is available from the Mac App Store (in Applications).

You should be aware that PPC programs (such as AppleWorks) will not run on Lion or above; and some other applications may not be compatible - there is a useful compatibility checklist at http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

How do I sync Mac Mail Address Book with iCloud Address Book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.