You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you unzoom a screen that is zoomed in

how can I unzoom a screen that automatically zooms in when i logg in?

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:58 PM

Hold the Control key and scroll or swipe down.

If it doesn't return to normal, then go to: Apple / System Preferences / Displays and select the native resolution for your monitor.

8 replies

Apr 17, 2012 6:42 PM in response to den.thed

den.thed,

My thinking was that the ⌥⌘8 key combination was pressed by mistake at some point,probably before turning off the computer, activating the universal access zoom.

Then when you restart the computer, the screen is zoomed in at startup. 😉

⌥⌘8 will activate it and it will stay active even after a restart until you go and turn it off using ⌥⌘= or in Universal Access.

Apr 17, 2012 8:36 PM in response to Eric Fauque

Eric Fauque wrote:

My thinking was that the ⌥⌘8 key combination was pressed by mistake at some point,probably before turning off the computer, activating the universal access zoom.

Could be ⌥⌘8 might be the problem.

Eric Fauque wrote:

Then when you restart the computer, the screen is zoomed in at startup. 😉

True, however like I said in my first post to the OP all one needs to do is "Hold the Control key and scroll or swipe down." to return to normal view.

Eric Fauque wrote:

⌥⌘8 will activate it and it will stay active even after a restart until you go and turn it off using ⌥⌘= or in Universal Access.

That is only partly true.

⌥⌘8 turns the UA Zoom both on and off, while ⌥⌘= zooms in and ⌥⌘- zooms back is out the same as "Hold the Control key and scroll or swipe down."

how do you unzoom a screen that is zoomed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.