Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is going on with iCloud email?

Receiving email is just not working reliably across all devices ... IOS and OSX.

It has been a disaster all day today.

Constantly asking for password. Unable to connect. Up and down.

I called support, and they said they didn't hear of any problems.

IPad, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 5:35 PM

18 replies

Apr 17, 2012 8:26 PM in response to Cdreed

Same boat here. All mail applications hang on Checking for Mail...

Tried deleting and reloading iCloud on devices with no luck. My iPhone badge is showing 30 new emails in iCloud but there aren't any emails in the inbox when I go in on my iPhone. Mail on my Mac is showing everything has been read but it keeps disconnecting from iCloud.

Can we get some Apple expert info here?

Apr 18, 2012 4:48 AM in response to Cdreed

Whereas yesterday I couldn't even log into iCloud on the web, or open any emails. Today I can log into the web, but STILL NO NEW EMAIL IS COMING THROUGH! In addition, there are no bounce-backs from my me.com account, so all messages that are going directly there are getting lost in space. If this was RIM, all **** would be breaking lose, but with Apple, this is somehow tolerable?

Sep 23, 2016 2:55 PM in response to Cdreed

Experiencing the same problem STILL...It's been going on for almost 24 hours and still no information or support from Apple!

Apr 18, 2012 7:51 AM in response to cdp34

I just spoke with Apple Support. ICloud is indeed having problems. This morning I have been receiving messages from iCloud that my disk space is full on the cloud, which BTW is bogus! Incoming emailand other services is affected for 10% of users, not <1% as it says on Web Site. Said they are working feverishly to solve the problems. Must be big problem becasue this has been going on for over 24 hours.

What is going on with iCloud email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.