Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animated text to music in Motion 5?

I never gave notice to Motion 5, but when I saw it was $50, I decided to look a little deeper. I have not fully figured out if it can do what I really want to do with it- which is create animated text to go with music for kids music at my church (and maybe other creative videos for church). I don't own FCPX- and don't want to get into it. Can I do something like the below video with Motion 5 (overtop of existing looping backgrounds for example)? I do a minimal solution witih iMovie already but for $50- I am hoping this is the best solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhoYK8fZQI

iMac 21.5" 3.06, MBP 15" 2.53, iPad, iPhone 3GS x2, ATV Gen 2 x2, and more-yikes, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:49 PM

JavaJ wrote:

… Can I do something like the below video with Motion 5 (overtop of existing looping backgrounds for example)? …

Motion5 is a tool which allows effects/animations like this, but wether YOU can do that, I can not answer 😉

means:

M5 is an awesome powerful tool, although with an hobbyist price-tag meant for professional users. it comes preinstalled with -zillions of 'behaviors' (yepp, it has its own tech-lingo), there's even a modul which automatically animates based upon midi-data (if your source music comes as .midi files).

I try to teach it myself for quite a while - hours of frustrations, esp. when you're used to ready-made templates and 'boilerplate solution' with a single click.

I like to recommend the free, professional executed video tutorials from MacBreak Studio and Creative Cow, avail in the iTunes Podcast section - they offer an indepth look plus demo solutions for single tasks.- Have a look, wether that is within your … skills. Time consuming, but very satisfying in results!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2012 11:49 PM in response to JavaJ

JavaJ wrote:

… Can I do something like the below video with Motion 5 (overtop of existing looping backgrounds for example)? …

Motion5 is a tool which allows effects/animations like this, but wether YOU can do that, I can not answer 😉

means:

M5 is an awesome powerful tool, although with an hobbyist price-tag meant for professional users. it comes preinstalled with -zillions of 'behaviors' (yepp, it has its own tech-lingo), there's even a modul which automatically animates based upon midi-data (if your source music comes as .midi files).

I try to teach it myself for quite a while - hours of frustrations, esp. when you're used to ready-made templates and 'boilerplate solution' with a single click.

I like to recommend the free, professional executed video tutorials from MacBreak Studio and Creative Cow, avail in the iTunes Podcast section - they offer an indepth look plus demo solutions for single tasks.- Have a look, wether that is within your … skills. Time consuming, but very satisfying in results!

Animated text to music in Motion 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.