Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple ID info keeps changing?? Help!

New to mac's but have studied the macbook pro for genius book and followed all directios to the letter . Otherewise, very computer savvy. Have had connectivity issues with Airport extreme after following exact inst., Genius bar said defective, new one worked but caused haywire with my pc laptop, desktop and macbook- netgear works ok. However, my apple id and/or password changes randomly. My security answers are often claimed to be wrong. Reset app id password around 20 times?? Am I going senile at 41 and can't remember my birthday, mom's maiden etc.? I wonder if someone else had this computer before me. Maybe the OS X Lion ate the previous owner and I'm being haunted. oming up on 30 days old- did I get a lemon?

When I first opened the computer, the display was so bad that i could barely decipher it- genius bar-fixed. Networking- ok with Network now but not stable. No "server" being used. I manually configured all wi-fi cards and now the network is better. The apple id thing is really annoying, though and wreaks havoc on all of my efforts to personalize, maximize and profitize (? real word) from my macbook pro. I make my living on e-commerce. After 2 pc "total crashes-no OS found" I wanted an apple. It really is awesome when I "get a golden ticket"into the app store, or iTunes, 50% of the time it says "did you forget your password?" I want to scream back...no, but you did.

I love the software and platform but it seems it has its own agenda! Should I return it for a new one? I thtink I have about 4 days left?

Several other problems, too. The genius bar says I must have used a diff. email at first. I always use the same one, and I know the password I used. What's weird is I'll change/reset it and the new one doesn't work, but maybe 10 tries later the old one is back- now I am trying 10-20 combinations until one hits. I had to reset it to get to this page!

Thanks and sorry for the sarcasm-just trying to keep from "disassembling" it with heavy objects.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Leave photo booth off (as usual) and try a disguise? Anything..Please:)

id: sourapple@mac.comcast.gmail.mac.me.?

Is it back to my Mac or Mac back to me? Right now I'm wishing for a 1982 Apple IIe😕 --- yeah, it had about two kilobytes of memory, but at least it remembered me!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), new mcbk pro os x 10.7.3,What next

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:27 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2012 10:10 PM in response to bfrey2970

And by all means take it back to the Apple store to see if they can figure it out so at least it's listed as having issues in the future. You might also contact Apple directly if you still have the warranty.

Your profile say's you have a MacBOOK Pro and this is the MacPRO area so you might go the Macbookpro forums so the people that have them can help you more, you may also want to go to the iTunes support area as I think they are in charge of the Apple ID to see what you can find.🙂

My apple ID info keeps changing?? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.