Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Micrsoft Office:mac Excel

From time to time this Application refuses to Quit and usually a window pops up informing me that there is an error "-1712". I can cure it by switching off the computer and then switching on at which stage the application works without any problems for quite long stretches until it decides to Quit for no apparent reason. I would be grateful for any thoughts on this. This is with Mac OS v10.6 installed I got into 10.5 by mistake.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.5GHz Intel 15, 4Gb 1333 MHz DDR3

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:00 PM

Hello,

The Mac OS X System Error Code -1712 is a bit of an ambiguous one as all that it means is that the application has timed out.

We got Error Code -1712 when we tried to run Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection on one of our staff’s Macbook.

To diagnose this error in more detail we opened up the “Force Quit Applications” with command + option + esc. The program that I was trying to open was already open (RDC), so I force quit it in the list.

After force quitting the offending application I was then able to start it again, without coming up against the “Error code -1712″ error again.

Technorati Tags: error code 1712, mac, rdc

http://www.techontour.com/os-servers/2008/06/27/mac-os-system-error-code-1712/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2012 11:00 PM in response to wdc7218

Hello,

The Mac OS X System Error Code -1712 is a bit of an ambiguous one as all that it means is that the application has timed out.

We got Error Code -1712 when we tried to run Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection on one of our staff’s Macbook.

To diagnose this error in more detail we opened up the “Force Quit Applications” with command + option + esc. The program that I was trying to open was already open (RDC), so I force quit it in the list.

After force quitting the offending application I was then able to start it again, without coming up against the “Error code -1712″ error again.

Technorati Tags: error code 1712, mac, rdc

http://www.techontour.com/os-servers/2008/06/27/mac-os-system-error-code-1712/

Micrsoft Office:mac Excel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.