Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with the Xcode Dev tools!!!

So I recently got a new iMac and went to install the xcode dev tools on the app store but it only installed Xcode and no other dev tools. How to I get the whole Dev toolset????? I went to the the apple site and downloaded the diskimage and it was still just Xcode HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:45 PM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2012 2:21 AM in response to godzilla006

The xcode installation should include the developer tools. There is no way for the installer to only install a subset (unless under installer option). Maybe you are looking in the wrong place. They won't be in Applications. If they haven't changed it from the ones for Snow Leopard most of the stuff will be in a /Applications/Developer.

Apr 18, 2012 1:04 PM in response to godzilla006

With the new, Xcode app and the demise of supporting (separate /Developer folder at the root-level), everything you need is inside the folder masquerading as an app. Launch Xcode 4.2.x app, open the preferences, and install documentation and additional tools. Note that will put Xcode Graphic and Hardware Tools into separate folders inside /Applications.

I need help with the Xcode Dev tools!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.