Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a projector to MacBook Pro

Hi,

I've the latest MacBook Pro and I'm wondering how could I connect a video projector? I know I have to purchase an adapter/converter, but which one do I have to buy?

Note: I don't think it has a projector/screen connection spot.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Edlund

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 12:14 AM

All projectors I've used had a VGA input cable. So I had to purchase a MiniDisplayPort to VGA adapter for the new MBP. An available is a MiniDisplayPort to DVI, if your projector is that fancy. The MiniDisplayPort is also called the Thunderbolt port.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/displays

Once all is plugged in, the Mac automatically detects the external display and sends video signal to it. You have two choices: video mirroring (same image in both) or independent displays. Use the System Preferences / Displays pane to adjust resolution, color depth, etc

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2012 12:14 AM in response to edlund

All projectors I've used had a VGA input cable. So I had to purchase a MiniDisplayPort to VGA adapter for the new MBP. An available is a MiniDisplayPort to DVI, if your projector is that fancy. The MiniDisplayPort is also called the Thunderbolt port.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/displays

Once all is plugged in, the Mac automatically detects the external display and sends video signal to it. You have two choices: video mirroring (same image in both) or independent displays. Use the System Preferences / Displays pane to adjust resolution, color depth, etc

User uploaded file

Apr 18, 2012 12:16 AM in response to edlund

There is a NoSleep Utility (NoSleepHelper. Pavel Prokofiev©) licence free, to do that you want. Just look for it and install it.

For the moment, i do not have yet a second monitor, but soon will be real. For that i have installed this facility, that whith a wireless keyboard and a mouse, allows run mac without need to open front panel.

Apr 18, 2012 12:26 AM in response to Abraço

Abraço wrote:

There is a NoSleep Utility (NoSleepHelper. Pavel Prokofiev©) licence free, to do that you want. Just look for it and install it.

For the moment, i do not have yet a second monitor, but soon will be real. For that i have installed this facility, that whith a wireless keyboard and a mouse, allows run mac without need to open front panel.

That is something else altogether. Running the Mac closed with a KVM setup. Called Clamshell Mode. No need for any extra software, is automatic as soon as you have keyboard, video and mouse plugged in prior to closing lid.

Connecting a projector to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.