Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WGM: Computers gone

Today I discovered that most our computers had disappeared from WGM. It doesn't look like they was deleted since I can see the computers from the various groups they where into. To be technical:

dscl /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -list /Computers

Only shows 1/10 of our computers. But many of the references to many disappeared computers appear in their groups:

dscl /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -read /ComputerGroups/mobile

Does anybody have any clue how to get them back? Is there some places it might be? We are between backup systems, so while I do have backup of users files and so on I am afraid I don't have a backup for server preferences.

I could get some back from taking out references from computer groups, but not all computers where there, and it would also mean I would have to add the MAC address, keywords, etc. manually. It wouldn't be a problem if we had just labs, but we have alot of machines all around the school and alot of laptops that are seldom here. And WGM was the only place I had a reference to computer -> MAC address. For the machines outside the one small lab we have, I have lists of what computers we own and who is currently using them. So it is possible to obtain the information through making phonecalls all around, but I do not have time for that :/ The server shouldn't do this in the first place! If I somehow messed up myself it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Xserve-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Intel

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 3:59 AM

There are no replies.

WGM: Computers gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.